Welcome Internet Traveler!
Hello and welcome to Computer Lagoon!
My name is Rick.
This website can be looked at as my own little online presence. I occasionally add onto my website as I get the time. I only put my own personal stuff on here, but who knows…something on here may be useful to you.
Also, I maintain a Christian / Computer blog called “The Lagoon Tech” since mid-2012. It has grown from a few posts to a pretty large website in the few years it has been in operation. Also I usually get several visitors (many outside of the US) that visit it every day.
A Little Bit About Me
Last Updated: 07-25-2018
- My name is Richard.
- I am a born-again Christian believer (John 3:1-21; John 14:6; Romans 10:9).
- I have 10 years experience working with servers.
- I make use of Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD for the work that I do, and won’t refuse to use something other than Windows when needed.
- I do IT work for a local business.
- I host websites for local businesses.
- I have experience using Microsoft Windows for running desktops and well as servers.
- I have experience using Linux web-servers, email servers, MySQL servers, and DNS servers.
- I can program in the following programming languages (from best experienced to least experienced): VB.Net, C#.Net, PHP, C++, Dark Basic Professional (uses the BASIC syntax), VB6 (the old Visual Basic language!)
- I have dabbled programming in: Python, Perl, Ruby, and Java
- I prefer using Android (a Linux mobile operating system) over iOS (Apple’s mobile operating system that is used on devices like the iPhone and the iPod).
- I use FreeBSD for a router of mine.
- I have worked on several personal projects including an online Bible reading website (KJV Bible translation). Click here if you wish to view it!